A coming soon page serves as an intermediary between your website’s development phase and its launch. It allows you to inform visitors that your website is still under construction while simultaneously generating interest and excitement for its impending arrival.
Why Use a Coming Soon Page?
- Maintains Brand Presence: A coming soon page helps maintain your brand presence and keeps visitors engaged during the development process.
- Captures Visitor Interest: It piques visitors’ curiosity and encourages them to subscribe to updates or follow your social media channels.
- Reduces Bounce Rate: A coming soon page redirects visitors from your home page, preventing them from bouncing before your website is ready.
- Encourages Signups: It provides an opportunity to collect email addresses from potential customers, building your mailing list for future marketing campaigns.
Creating a Coming Soon Page with Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
Step 1: Install and Activate Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
- Access the WordPress Plugins page: Go to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
Search for Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
- In the search bar, type “Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode” and click on the search icon.
- Install and Activate the Plugin: Select the “Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode” plugin from the search results and click on the “Install Now” button. Once the installation is complete, click on the “Activate Plugin” button.
Step 2: Configure Coming Soon WP Settings
- Customize the Coming Soon Message: Edit the default message provided by the plugin to include your desired message informing visitors that your website is under construction and providing an estimated timeframe for launch.
- Choose a Background Image: Select a background image that aligns with your brand identity and complements the overall theme of your website.
- Upload Your Website’s Logo: Upload your website’s logo or a placeholder image to ensure your brand presence is maintained even during the coming soon period.
- Enable Countdown Timer (Optional): If you wish to add a countdown timer to your coming soon page, enable this option and enter the expected launch date and time.
Step 3: Create a Signup Form (Optional)
- Enable Signup Form: Enable the signup form option to capture visitor emails during the coming soon period.
- Customize Signup Form: Edit the signup form fields, such as email address, name, and opt-in options.
- Customize Thank You Page: Specify the page where visitors will be redirected after submitting their email address.
Step 4: Set Launch Date and Disable Coming Soon Page
- Specify Launch Date: Once your website is ready for launch, set the launch date and time.
- Disable Coming Soon Page: As the launch date approaches, disable the coming soon page to allow visitors to access your fully functional website.
- Mobile Optimization: Ensure your coming soon page is responsive and displays correctly across all devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Social Media Integration: Connect your coming soon page to your social media accounts to drive traffic to your website and generate engagement.
- Multilingual Support: If your website is multilingual, consider creating a coming soon page in each language you support.
- Analytics Tracking: Implement analytics tracking to monitor visitor behavior and identify areas for improvement.
A well-crafted coming soon page can effectively communicate your website’s development status, generate excitement, and capture potential customers before your website officially launches. With Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode, you can create a professional and engaging coming soon page in minutes, ensuring a smooth transition from development to launch.